Our Global Banking Internships will inspire you to apply your skills in an international business and allow you to explore your interests within either Corporate Banking, Investment Banking or Global Liquidity and Cash Management.
|For:||Penultimate year undergraduates|
|Start date:||June 2022 onwards|
Hong Kong - Corporate Banking
|Requirements:||You will have obtained or will be working towards a 3.2/4.0 or 4.0/5.0 cumulative GPA or the equivalent of a 2.1 from a recognised University (as appears on your official University transcript or degree certificate). Be fluent in English, however knowledge of Mandarin and/or Cantonese would be an advantage. With legal rights to work in Hong Kong is preferred.|
|Applications open:||1 September 2021|
|Applications close:||30 November 2021|
We encourage you to apply for your programme of choice as soon as possible as we recruit on a rolling basis and may close applications before the advertised date if all vacancies are filled.
Regardless of what subject you have studied, on our competitively paid internship you will explore the work we do in Corporate Banking, Investment Banking, Issuer Services or Global Liquidity and Cash Management by becoming involved in real, challenging projects.
What you can expect
You will gain an introduction to one of the most dynamic areas of our business. We drive the growth of our clients’ businesses through a balance of generating trust and analysing markets in order to raise capital. Whether you are in Corporate Banking, Investment Banking, Issuer Services or Global Liquidity and Cash Management you will be involved in exciting projects that will give you an insight into how determination, courageous decision-making and logical thinking are essential to our work and how these businesses work collaboratively together. You will learn about the products and services we offer across our international network and connect with supportive colleagues in multiple areas. With their help and guidance, and some formal training, you will build your strengths so you can drive your development further.
What you will do
In Corporate Banking, you will gain first-hand experience of how our relationship managers, working closely with our product specialists, create innovative solutions to meet the banking needs of our largest corporate and institutional clients. You will have the opportunity to understand how we build sustainable trusted relationships with our clients, gain a great overview of the breadth of products HSBC can offer and see how we respond to our clients’ need by deploying these products into tailored solutions across multiple countries. You will learn how we can incorporate Environmental, Social and Governance requirements into our client solutions, ranging from sustainable supply chains to raising green bond. You will also see how we help the bank manage the risk inherent in our business including credit, reputational and financial crime.
Who does this suit?
We are looking for dedicated, courageous and curious people who are:
- Fast learners. You will collaborate with new people on constantly evolving projects to help our clients. Quickly building your knowledge will give you credibility when working with colleagues and solving client problems
- Intellectual curiosity. Our Global Banking business has a unique breadth of products in terms of what we offer and where we offer these solutions
- Strategic thinkers. We might be an international-focused bank, but it’s critical to our success that we consider local strategies, becoming regional guides for our clients. This means having an analytical and strategic mind and focusing on client objectives
- Supportive team players. Teamwork is an important part of our business, and your development. Having a collaborative attitude will help you build a network of peers who are there to support you, and be supported too
What can this lead to?
Perform well and you’ll be considered for our Global Banking Graduate Programme, where you will specialise in either Corporate Banking, Investment Banking, Issuer Services or Global Liquidity and Cash Management, gaining a further understanding of that business area. You will learn more about our products and services, and how you can provide sound advice for clients. Bring the right mindset and this internship could potentially lead you on a challenging and rewarding journey.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Accounting, Actuarial Studies, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture,...
- Work rights:Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Locations:Hong Kong
- Closing Date:30th Nov 2021, 3:59 pm