This internship is intended for students that are currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree (including MBA) with an anticipated graduation date in 2022, depending on their program and unique circumstances.
The APAC Trade Compliance team is seeking driven, qualified candidates to enhance our compliance program. This high visibility position sits within Google’s Devices and Services team and is responsible for all trade compliance activities across all product categories. Managing key internal and external stakeholders, you will manage support activities for the APAC trade compliance program for Google’s consumer hardware business.
Devices and Services is a rapidly growing area within Google, as a provider of first-party hardware products. We strive to have polished end-user experiences offering the best of Google.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
What You Will Do
- Provide best practice solutions or advice from a trade compliance perspective to support the cross-border movement of materials, components, capital equipment and Google products.
- Help drive trade quality and audit programs, supported by customs entry record-keeping and dashboards, to monitor the trade compliance performance of Google’s vendors and service providers, such as contract manufacturers and customs brokers.
- Provide support on the design, development, and implementation of trade automation tools.
- Act as a coordinator of internal and external stakeholders to support the cross-border movement of goods.
- Support any other new trade compliance initiatives or special projects as needed by the business.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in international trade/law/business, accounting, supply chain or logistics management.
- Experience in manipulating large data sets.
- Knowledge of international trade and compliance.
- Critical thinking, presentation, and decision-making skills with excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Skill in word processing and number literacy.
- Effective project management and change management skills.
- Ability to speak and write in Mandarin fluently.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Business and Commerce, Law, Logistics...
- Closing Date:31st Jan 2022, 6:00 pm