At FDM it’s ‘business as usual’, we are recruiting now and throughout the year. Due to COVID-19 we have implemented alternative working arrangements to ensure that all our people stay safe. These consist of remote working, virtual training, video interviewing, and access to webinars and virtual events. If you’re looking to start your career in technology or business, we want to hear from you now!
Launch your career in the world’s fastest growing industry.
Technology is transforming all our lives – developments in robotics, automation, artificial intelligence and big data are creating the careers of the future. Digital careers need intelligent, analytical minded people like you who want to make a difference and be at the forefront of change.
About the role:
As an FDM Technical Operations Consultant, you’ll have the opportunity to launch a career responsible for managing and maintaining the vital IT infrastructure of businesses. You’ll receive in-depth training from our certified training and professional experience with our world-renowned clients.
You will work with our clients by developing a deep understanding of how their business operates, how technology supports business operations and provide service improvements.
What we offer you:
- Industry-recognised training, covering both technical and professional skills, to ensure you are business ready.
- Foot in the door with our market leading clients as part of their integrated teams.
- Comprehensive support and development programme throughout your entire FDM career journey including continued professional development, mentoring and networking events.
- Modern and central training academies
- Social events and networking opportunities
- Excellent employee benefits including the prestigious “Consultant of the Month” award and the option to join FDM’s Buy as You Earn Share Scheme.
We help thousands of graduates each year start their tech careers and fast-track their career profression. We welcome applications from all degree disciplines as we believe all graduates possess the skills to fuel an exciting career in technology. You don't need a STEM degree, but you must be passionate about starting a career in tech and have a good aptitude for IT.
How is the programme structured?
Your journey as a an FDM Technical Operations Consultant will begin with 8 weeks of in-depth training from our experienced trainers and the chance to gain industry recognised qualifications, as well as mentoring and support throughout the programme.
After successfully completing your training, you will work with one or more of our clients in Hong Kong during the two-year programme, guaranteeing real-world experience and insight that will be beneficial for your career journey.
Upon completion of the programme, you can remain with FDM as senior consultant, transition permanently with a client or pursue higher education, self-interests or other employment opportunities.
What will I be doing?
You will develop a deep understanding of how our clients’ business operates, how technolgoy supports business operations and you will use this knowledge to work with the wider team on service improvements.
You will provide essential first and second line technical or security support, ensuring that the business-critical functions are always online and protected. This could include taking responsibility for a critical service or application, a function such as Service Desk or Release Management or focusing on a more specialist area such as infrastructure, environments, networking or security.
A career in Technical Operations can lead to endless opportunities as you will be at the heart of both technical and business operations.
Some specialist roles include:
- Site Reliability / Platform Engineer
- Service Manager
- Information Security Specialist
- Solutions Architect
- Cloud Engineer
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably within a STEM discipline but all degrees accepted
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to build relationships
- Ambitious characteristics with a drive to succeed within tech
- Strong analytical ability
- Good decision-making skills within fast-paced working environments
- Ability to commit to the full two-years of the programme upon completion of the training period
- Eligible to work in Hong Kong
- Proficient in English and Cantonese/Mandarin
We have multiple start dates all year round, so why not make an application today? Click "Apply Now" to start you application.
To find out more about FDM's Graduate Programmes, visit https://www.fdmgroup.com/en-hk/hk-careers/graduates/
FDM embraces diversity and encourages applications from people with disability. Candidates will have the opportunity to request support or reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process in order to demonstrate their ability to meet the inherent requirements of the job.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Closing Date:30th May 2022, 3:59 pm