As a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Strategy and Transactions and Consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Want to feel challenged, motivated and valued every day? To inspire change and leave a legacy?
EY people are helping to shape the future. Here at EY organization, you'll build a legacy. You'll grow your skillset, and expand your mindset. You'll build relationships and feel rewarded for all that you do. Here EY people working together is just as important as the work they actually do together.
We have opportunities available for below service line and all penultimate year students in all disciplines are welcomed to apply.
Strategy and Transactions:
EY Strategy and Transactions (SaT) team works with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. We advise clients on preserving, optimizing, raising or investing capital.
The Strategy and Transactions (SaT) team in Asia-Pacific has been providing market leading services to clients across EY Greater China, EY ASEAN & EY Oceania for over 20 years. We support EY clients in the region and globally throughout the broad transaction lifecycle and have helped EY clients create deal value and manage transaction risks. Similar to all service lines in the EY organization, SaT operates with a financial services sector focused team and another broad industry team.
FSO SaT focus on serving clients in the banking, insurance, asset management and FinTech sectors, which are highly regulated segments bringing more sector specific training and exposures. We are hiring professional accountants to support our Asia-Pacific FSO SaT services.
In this role you will have exposure to different sub-service lines in SaT, namely Transactions and Corporate Finance, and EY Parthenon.
Transactions and Corporate Finance covers 3 sectors including Transaction Diligence, Valuation, Modeling and Economics, and Lead Advisory.
- Transaction Diligence advises clients on buy-side and sell-side financial and operation due diligence. We work closely with Strategy and Transactions sub-service lines and competencies, and other EY service lines to provide seamless, integrated due diligence to EY clients.
- Valuation, Modeling and Economics practices are the means by which we continue to bring our deep financial, economics and analytics skills to bear in order to support EY clients with better decision-making involving transactions, funding capital expansion and providing capital efficiency (i.e., capital allocation to help adjust risk, cash release opportunity, capital budgeting with skill sets on measuring and valuating not just assets but also litigation or life).
- Lead Advisory includes tactical and strategic advice for corporates, financial sponsors and family offices, as well as negotiation assistance another transaction related topics.
- Mergers & Acquisitions team provides sector-focused advice on the sale process from strategic positioning to close, and we help execute acquisitions, alliances & mergers as well as advise C-suite executives and boards on evaluating strategic alternatives in the context of transactions.
EY Parthenon covers 3 sectors including Strategy, Transaction Strategy and Execution, and Turnaround and Restructuring.
- Strategy unlocks our clients’ full potential by helping them answer their most complex strategic questions. We rely upon rigorous fact-based analysis and deep sector knowledge/experience to provide insights that provoke unconventional thinking. We help clients create customized and actionable strategies, and then we help to make them happen.
- Transaction Strategy and Execution assists clients to integrate acquired assets and businesses, providing strategic transaction advice and supporting execution to attain the value proposition contained in the strategic decision-making process.
- Turnaround and Restructuring provides leadership to rapidly solve, execute and ultimately transform the outcome during urgent, critical and complex situations.
Your Key Responsibilities:
You will work as part of a team to advise financial services clients on various aspects of their strategy, transformation and transaction journeys. This work may include corporate strategy support, due diligence, valuation support, and post-merger integration.
Typical assignments may include:
- Prepare analyses of historical and Pro forma financial information to assess trends and fluctuations that may impact cash flow requirements and deal valuation.
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties.
- Conduct equity research, industry research, management interviews and site visit.
- Analyze information obtained from various channels.
- Appraise company or asset values using the income approach, market approach or asset-based approach for transaction, financial reporting or tax purposes.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel, targets and other professionals.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Penultimate or final year student pursuing an undergraduate degree or above in Accounting, Business, Finance, Statistic and Computer Science.
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese, fluent in Mandarin is highly preferred.
- Good team player and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical, teamwork and organizational skills.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm in the performance of responsibilities.
- Candidates with background in Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics related disciplines but with demonstrated interest are also welcomed.
Early January – End of April 2022 - Exact internship period depends on specific service line requirement.
Working at EY Offers:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and...
- Closing Date:3rd Dec 2021, 6:00 pm