Vrbo, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. Vrbo is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
This role is the foundation of the Partner Success teams’ responsibility, which is to ensure that Vrbo travellers always find the most suitable property for their trip wherever they want to go, and that our partners can effectively and efficiently reach Vrbo’s unique breadth of global traveler demand. You will enjoy hands on experience learning and using skills that will be important to any successful career.
What you’ll do:
There will be three main components to your role:
- Training: You will participate in various training sessions, inclusive of business skills training
- Owning a deliverable on a project: You will work on a defined project which will require a presentation in the final week of the Internship period. You'll with your Manager in defining the scope of the project.
- Daily Tasks: You will learn, understand, and experience firsthand the daily tasks of the Partner Success team which include optimising property listing conversion with property owners, reviewing property listing content, working with owners to improve the quality of each listing (including reviewing pricing and availability) and assisting with ad hoc projects.
Who you are:
- A degree in any discipline
- Anticipated graduation in 2020
- Preference will be given to students in their penultimate year of study
- Eligibility to work in Japan
- Ability to read, speak and write Japanese at a native level and English at a business level
- High impact personality: intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, and a team player.
- Hungry, ambitious, motivated, action-oriented, results-focused and metrics-driven
- Ability to multi-task effectively; be able to change gears quickly without skipping a beat
- Empathetic relationship builder; earns the confidence of others;
- Bridges and sustains solid partnerships based on mutual support through a reciprocal style
- Demonstrate ability to work towards achieving metrics (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives) set by the Leadership team.
- Appetite for innovative technology, fast-changing business environment and a scientific mindset.
- Presents ideas and directives clearly and persuasively.
- Ability to effectively communicate to various levels and through a variety of communication channels.
Who are we?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so. Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the expense of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Vrbo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture, Actuary, Arts...
- Closing Date:31st Jul 2019, 3:59 pm