ERM seeks an exceptional individual to join as an Assistant Consultant under our International Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Team.
The role will support our Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Projects led by the Hong Kong office throughout the world, with a focus on biodiversity and ecosystem services.
In this role, you will be part of a team tasked to contribute to the development and growth of ERM’s Capital Project Delivery business.
You must have a passion for environmental issues, sustainability, and a broad interest in climate change, with a particular interest in biodiversity and ecosystem services.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of projects in a variety of sectors delivering sustainable solutions to clients.
This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert global consulting company on challenging environmental and social projects for large industrial and global clients.
Access to ERM's worldwide network of experts allows for knowledge sharing of best practices, and ERM has a committed programme of grade-specific, ongoing learning opportunities to allow tailored career development for everyone.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Candidates must have a postgraduate qualification in an environmental and / or biodiversity, ecology, conservation related discipline.
- 1 year of relevant experience in an international consultancy firm or environmentally and / or biodiversity and ecosystem service focused non-governmental organization would be an advantage.
- New graduates in biodiversity or conservation field are welcome to apply.
- Possess a general understanding of the whole cycle of Impact Assessment, including baseline data collection, impact assessment reporting, and/or implementation of mitigation measures (particularly for biodiversity and ecosystem services).
- Ability to drive execution, multi-task, learn quickly and think strategically.
- Ability to maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- A strong ability to converse and write accurately in English, particularly for report writing, is a fundamental requirement.
- Mandarin or other languages will be considered an asset.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:22nd Oct 2021, 6:00 pm