At Equinix, we celebrate our differences and are proud of the inclusive, innovative culture at the heart of our success. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that’s at the heart of our core company values.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best in class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Job Profile Summary – Internship Program:
At Equinix, we make the Internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. They share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything they do.
IBX Operations (Internship):
Supports documentation & reporting, basic installations, testing, troubleshooting and escalating issues under the supervision of Field Engineer (FE) and Facility Engineer, and support operation team as required.
What You Will Do
Documentation / Reporting:
- Maintain accurate records, document all problems.
- Support translation of internal and external documentations.
- Support for handling customers by phone.
- Implements all activities when it comes to installing and de-installing equipment (ex: moving equipment from loading dock, etc.).
- Handles rack and stack of customer equipment, including mounting, wiring and powering up equipment (ex: installing and de-installing equipment).
Testing / Troubleshooting:
- Supports conducting circuit testing.
- Handling and managing equipment test.
- Escalates Service Requests that require additional information.
- Installs/Tests/Modifies Cross Connects per SOPs and ensures proper cable management of - coax, fiber, twisted pair copper, and intra-building cross connects.
- Installs and tests advanced cross connects circuits (switched, multiplexed, etc.).
- Installs and test IBX Link cross connects (T1, DS3, OC3-48, Eth, GigE, 10Gig).
Completing Orders & Guidance:
- Completes all guidance in a timely manner (ex: assigned work orders).
Required Skills and Abilities
- Fluent - Business English Speaking & Writing.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Data Science and Analytics, Operations
- Locations:Hong Kong
- Closing Date:7th Apr 2022, 6:00 pm