The incumbent will join the Asia Pacific (APAC) Financial & Strategic Steering (PIL) team, which is part of the regional finance team based in Hong Kong. The PIL APAC team is covering the entities of the Bank in APAC (Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, India, Korea, Australia, China, Taiwan), when it comes to:
- Asset Liability Management (ALM) including management of liquidity risk, interest rate risk foreign exchange risk, capital management, etc.
- Performance monitoring including transactions’ profitability computation, franchise/portfolio profitability analysis etc.
- Fund Transfer Pricing, defining liquidity costs/remuneration for local currencies
- Financial steering, ensuring that scarce resources of the Bank are efficiently used
The incumbent will develop an overview of the Bank business in the region, from transactions origination to franchise profitability, through financial management. She/he will get exposure to a large number of internal stakeholders, from both Front Office (Business Lines, Coverage teams) and Support Function (local Finance, Risk departments), across Asia Pacific.
The ideal candidate should complete their Master/Bachelor Degree requirements by June 2021 and is available to start the position in July/August 2021.
1. Asset & Liability Management (ALM): produce all ALM related indicators used by team to monitor ALM risks, including presentation material used for the monthly regional Liquidity Risk Committee. Ensure that the team APAC regulatory mapping is exhaustive and up-to-date at any point in time. Perform ad hoc analysis on any hot topic as requested by senior team members.
2. Performance monitoring: work with the Business Lines during the origination process, validate the profitability computation for new loans. Ensure consistent approach in profitability computation in particular for derogatory pricing, maintaining a database of historical derogatory pricing. Contribute to ex-post profitability analysis prepared by the team for senior management.
3. Financial steering: support senior team members in monitoring the usage of scarce resource within APAC (Capital, Liquidity, RWA, Balance-sheet size etc.), developing metrics and regular ad hoc analyses to identify APAC P&L drivers, and levers for profitability improvements. Monitor forecast landing vs. budget, for all metrics followed by team (NBI, RWA, profitability etc.). Track the economic benefits expected from scarce resource allocation. Support senior team members on regional budget preparation
4. Project management / change management: Identify, propose and implement process and tools improvement to lower the production workload of the team:
- Identify areas for improvement
- Propose alternative approach/tools/processes
- Pitch solution to obtain resources
- Implement changes in project mode (formalization of objectives, planning follow-up, stakeholders update etc.)
- Bachelor or Master’s graduate in Finance or IT or engineering with less than 12 months of full time experience
- Relevant Internship experience preferred, candidates with Big 4 or consulting firm experiences is also appreciated
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills
- A proactive learner and self-starter and be autonomous in the tasks allocated to her/him
- Advanced Word, PowerPoint and Excel user.
- Knowledge in coding language (or more) is required and data visualization software (Power BI, Tableau, etc.) is a plus
- Proficient in English (oral and writing) and Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin) is a plus
A rewarding package will be offered to successful candidate. We also provide you with medical, life insurance benefits and provident fund scheme.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the employer’s personal data policies, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Economics
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Closing Date:30th Jun 2021, 3:59 pm