In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
2022 APAC Long Internship – Global Markets
Our 6-month internship will provide you with training and dedicated support as you develop an in-depth knowledge of specific areas of the banking sector. During your time with us you will shadow our teams of industry leading specialists which will give you close exposure to the business. Most importantly you will gain an understanding of your own skills and the future direction you wish to take.
|For:||Penultimate year undergraduates in any disciplines from a recognized university|
|Streams:||COO Office, Primary Market, Quantitative Research, Research & Strategy, Sales, Structuring, Trading|
|Start date:||January 2022 & June 2022|
|Location:||China, Hong Kong & Singapore|
We encourage you to apply for your program of choice as soon as possible, as we recruit on a rolling basis and may close applications before the advertised date, if all vacancies are filled.
Who can apply?
To be considered for the placement, you will:
- Apply as a penultimate year undergraduate in any discipline;
- On track for a GPA of 3.3 out of 4.0 or above (or equivalent) in any discipline;
- Be available to work as full time from May 2022 onwards till end of the year;
- Have to be fluent in spoken and written English (additional languages are an advantage); and
- Demonstrate an inquisitive mind-set, with analytical skills, mathematical aptitude, and a keen interest in latest finance topics as well as market trends.
What you can expect?
As the name suggests, our internship is the perfect platform to launch a long-term career with us. During the 6-month placement, you’ll learn on the job, take part in insight events, attend product training and forums, and experience professional networking gatherings. These could be the start of something special, where you can expect to be considered for conversion to join our renowned campus programs.
What you will do?
As a Sales Intern, you will:
- Work with trading teams to deliver the best services to our Clients;
- Learn how to create innovative solutions in answer to changing market trends;
- Support activity by analyzing opportunities, producing research and market analysis;
- Develop an understanding of different assets classes and product types.
As a Trading Intern, you will:
- Be part of a team that trades a comprehensive range of asset classes on every index, every exchange and every market worldwide;
- Gain hands-on experience to provides market access and liquidity to the Bank’s customers and manages the underlying risks;
- Develop tools for the teams to assist in analysis or risk management, coding skills are a plus but can be learnt on the desk.
As a Primary Market Intern, you will:
- Conduct data analysis on new issues and credit analysis on target clients;
- Assist in the execution of DCM mandates in coordinating internal and external resources;
- Support Origination as well as Structuring teams in sourcing, executing, placing clients’ Securitization transactions.
As a Structuring Intern, you will:
- Participate in creation and promotion of new products matching changing market conditions and client needs;
- Assist with pricing and executing complex transactions on designing marketing derivatives;
- Develop tools and frameworks for risk analysis in order to identify new opportunities arising from market and regulatory changes.
As a Quantitative Research Intern, you will:
- Create and implement the mathematical models and strategies used for pricing and market-making;
- Work with Trading, Sales and Structuring by helping analyzing specific trades / risks and applying the optimal pricing model;
- Assess the suitability of models by reviewing the assumptions, derivations, implementations and limitations.
As a Research & Strategy Intern, you will:
- Be at the confluence of Sales and Trading desks;
- Analyze public and private information to derive some practical insights for Clients and Trading;
- Produce some market commentaries and contribute to identifying trade ideas for internal and external distribution.
As a COO Office Intern, you will:
- Be part of a team managing all transversal topics and interacting with all areas of the business (Business Development, Management Information, Control Framework & Governance, etc.) and support senior Front Office management closely on these matters;
- Get a comprehensive overview of how a trading floor is organized and working in practice;
- Interact with all the teams and departments involved in global markets operational architecture (IT, Operations, Legal, Risk, Compliance, Finance & Tax, etc.) and develop an in-depth culture on how the Banks works in practice.
Primary Location: HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
Job Type: Internship
Education Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)
Experience Level: Beginner
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
- Closing Date:31st Jan 2022, 3:59 pm