What's the role?
Are you passionate about the financial markets and excited by the prospect of creating customized solutions for the world's leading financial professionals? If so, join our comprehensive training program for Analytics Representatives in our Sales and Analytics group, a key part of our Financial Products business.
Analytics Representatives are integral to the Bloomberg Help Desk, taking questions from clients who use our state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal, also known as the Bloomberg Professional Service. Whether you are helping construct a relative comparison sheet for a research analyst, advising a portfolio manager on our risk management tools, or providing liquidity analysis solutions to a trader, you will continuously create innovative solutions for our clients.
What's Financial Products all about?
The Financial Products team provides analysis and data to Bloomberg clients. We deliver the company's core product, the legendary Bloomberg Professional Service, reaching millions of business professionals.
Sales and Analytics work together as partners to provide value-added business solutions to our customers through the Bloomberg Professional Service.
- Our team of Analytics Representatives delivers exceptional service through real-time chats, phone calls and face-to-face trainings to our customers on a daily basis. The team showcases basic and advanced Bloomberg solutions to meet our clients' specific workflow needs.
- Our Terminal Sales team is responsible for demonstrating the advantages of our suite of solutions to both potential and existing clients. With a consultative approach, they identify our clients' needs and present Bloomberg solutions to help them make the best investment or trading decisions.
What to expect
When you join Analytics Team, you'll start off in a comprehensive training program designed to develop your cross asset and product knowledge so that you're prepared to interact with our clients on the Bloomberg Help Desk. Through daily interactions with key players in the financial industry, you will further enhance your skills in managing client relationships and problem solving.
Working as an Analytics Representative opens doors to other career opportunities within Bloomberg. The typical career path will lead to a Terminal Sales role.
However, within Analytics, opportunities do exist in management and Advanced Specialist position. Advanced Specialists provide the highest level of product support, mentor colleagues and deliver training, working closely with Research & Development.
What we look for
We look for candidates who have earned a Bachelor's degree prior to joining us (expected to graduate in 2018) or who have relevant work experience.
We also require:
- Ability to work well under pressure and to multi-task effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Cantonese and/or Mandarin
- Good team player
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Immense interest in the financial markets
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Travel could be required once in Sales
In addition, these skills and experiences can help distinguish you from other candidates for this role:
- Coursework in finance, economics and/or business, although all majors are welcome
- Experience using the Bloomberg Terminal
- Desire and flexibility to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in and enthusiasm for customer service
- Proven ability to sell, with interest in pursuing a career in sales
Does this sound like you?
Go to https://careers.bloomberg.com/job/detail/59733 to apply today! If we think you're a match, we'll get in touch with you soon about next steps.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
Hong Kong Citizen
- Closing Date:10th Jul 2018, 1:31 pm