At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility.
Our portfolio is organized into six segments - Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF’s Asia Pacific regional headquarters is located in Hong Kong and had 467 employees by the end of 2019.
The Dispersions & Resins division of BASF develops, produces and markets a range of high-quality polymer dispersions, resins, additives and electronic materials worldwide. These raw materials are used in formulations for a number of industries, including coatings, construction, adhesives, printing and packaging, electronics and paper. With its comprehensive product portfolio and its extensive knowledge of the industry, the Dispersions & Reins division offers its customers innovative and sustainable solutions and helps them advance their formulations.
Objectives of the Position:
As part of the Global Technology team, you will report to the project team in global technology team located in Germany, Europe to validate the CO2 emission information for our products across all production site globally.
What You Will Do
- Analysis huge amount of data from different sources or systems or excel regarding the carbon dioxide (Co2) emission for products at different production sites.
- Evaluate the information to identify data inconsistency, and conduct deep-dive analysis to understand the reasons behind.
- Support the improvement of data quality in the SCOTT system by reporting this discrepancy to central project team and work on the follow up action required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to a 6-month full-time internship immediately.
- Students of a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in chemical, environmental engineering and related disciplines.
- High proficiency in oral and written English.
- Preferably with experience in Information Systems or Data Analysis.
- Ability to have critical thinking and an analytical mindset to evaluate and challenge the validity of data from different dimensions.
- Self-starter and able to work independently on assigned projects with limited supervision.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering Chemical Processing, Engineering Environmental
- Closing Date:9th Dec 2021, 6:00 pm