We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements.
For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
BASF’s regional headquarters is located in Hong Kong, overseeing over 18,000 employees at about 100 sites across Asia Pacific. BASF’s Hong Kong office houses regional business units (Monomers, Intermediates, Performance Chemicals, Care Chemicals, Coatings and Dispersions & Pigments) and regional functional units (Human Resources, Finance & Controlling, Corporate Audit, Legal, Taxes & Insurance, Strategic Planning & Business Development, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Corporate Affairs). BASF also maintains the global headquarters of its Dispersions and Pigments business in Hong Kong.
Dispersions & Pigments offers a comprehensive range of raw materials for the formulation of coating, dyeing, printing, packaging, adhesive and construction products.
The role of the Global Strategy Team is to support the top management in defining long term vision and strategy for respective strategic business units, identify organic and inorganic opportunities to grow revenues across or beyond the current portfolio, and act as an internal strategy consultant on any strategic topics that may require clarification at top management level.
What You Will Do
- Contribute to the discussions & decisions of the Global Strategy team which translates into decision-making of top management.
- Analyse global business performance to identify gaps towards strategy path.
- Work on current market data, market analysis & competitive analysis.
- Evaluate and support the review and monitoring of strategy implementation.
- Support regional marketing with evaluations on strategic deep dives for Asia-Pacific, Americas and Europe.
- Produce desk market research to support growth initiatives and M&A evaluations.
- Conduct financial analysis to monitor top line and fixed cost development.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Student of Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Business Management, Chemistry or related disciplines.
- Commitment to at least 6-month full-time internship from June/July 2022.
- High proficiency in oral and written English is a must.
- Curious and keen to learn and develop a 'critical thinking' mindset.
- Excellent analytical skills - Willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- Being proactive to suggest new ideas on how to further improve and/or simplify existing processes.
- Able to communicate complex topics in a concise and structured manner.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI, Online research.
- Previous job experience in marketing, chemicals or related topics is a plus point.
- Job type:Internships
Administration, Business and Commerce, Management
- Closing Date:6th Apr 2022, 6:00 pm