At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Our portfolio is organized into six segments - Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF’s Asia Pacific regional headquarters is located in Hong Kong and had 390 employees by the end of 2020.
Global Direct Procurement is globally responsible for the purchase of raw materials for Dispersions and Resins and regionally in Asia Pacific for various basic chemicals, performance materials as well as energy & utilities across all business units. Our purchase portfolio covers more than 4,000 different products from more than 2,500 suppliers around the globe. Our three teams of specialized category managers and buyers have a high expertise in those chemical markets and the respective value chains. They work closely with the respective business units and negotiate deals that create competitive advantage for BASF.
Objectives of the Position:
You will support the category teams for key monomers in Asia Pacific in the analysis of the upstream and downstream value chains for these raw materials.
In this role, you will report to the Head of Global Direct Procurement, Dispersions and Resins.
What You Will Do
- Analyse value chain of key monomers (e.g., styrene, butyl acrylate, methyl methacrylate MMA, etc.) including upstream value chains (e.g., benzene, propylene, etc.).
- Develop cost impact model for key commodities (e.g., using multivariate analysis).
- Establish capacity database / geographical overview for monomers and upstream value chain.
- Create database for logistics cost and duties.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to a minimum of 4-month of full-time internship starting from March 2022.
- Students of Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Procurement, Business Analytics, Supply Chain Management or related disciplines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Has strong business acumen and analytical mindset.
- High proficiency in oral and written English.
- Students with international work or study experience are welcomed.
- Job type:Internships
Administration, Engineering Chemical Processing, Logistics and...
- Closing Date:1st Jan 2022, 6:00 pm