Global Quantitative Strategies Summer Internship Program - Analyst/Associate
Ever find yourself building complex statistical models but haven’t found the right place to apply them?
What we’re looking for (Key Requirements):
- Penultimate year Masters/PHD student
- Outstanding academic achievement
- Mathematics, engineering, physics or computer science background required
- Strong programming skills required (preferably in an Object Oriented language such as Python, Java, C#, C++)
- Experience using Excel/Vba
- Database skills and exposure to KDB/q advantageous
- A commercial mindset and an interest in financial markets and quantitative finance
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English is essential
- An ability to work well independently and in teams
The Quantitative Strategies Group (QSG) is responsible for the models and analytics used in the Sales and Trading divisions within Global Markets. The group designs, builds and maintains industrial strength tools for analyzing, pricing and risk managing financial products across all asset classes traded by Bank of America Merrill Lynch. The group works closely with trading, structuring, risk management and technology to provide analytics which can quickly and accurately quantify the firm’s risks. This involves developing models and algorithms able to accurately calculate the value and risk of the financial products we offer our clients.
This role is for a Summer Analyst/Associate within the Equity QSG team in Hong Kong
What you’ll do (Key Responsibilities):
- Build quantitative models for pricing and risk management
- Work closely with technology to implement and maintain models and algorithms
- Apply new technologies to solve business problems more efficiently
- Work closely with trading, sales and technology to optimize client experience, trading revenues, and trading volumes
- Drive new initiatives and products in the electronic trading space.
Summer Analysts within the equity QSG team in Hong Kong participate in a 10 week program which is designed to give you a unique opportunity to gain exposure to a job as an equity strategist. The program begins with firm wide orientation, and continues throughout the internship with training, networking events and social activities. You will be given responsibilities early and will be expected to make a significant contribution to the team. As internships mirror full-time positions, they also include goal-setting and a formal review process as well as plenty of opportunity to interact with traders, management and other members of the global QSG team.
Possible Responsibilities (vary with placement):
- Development of new products/models
- Risk/PL analysis
- Development of quantitative tools
- Investigation of hedging strategies and hedging cost
- Electronic trading analysis (e.g. portfolio optimization, market microstructure, transaction costs)
A successful summer analyst applicant in the equity QSG team will be placed within QSG for the duration of the internship program. Each summer analyst will be given a major project to complete on something that is relevant to the business they are supporting. As part of their internship they will be expected to present their project to the rest of the QSG team.
Placement within QSG is determined after the hiring process depending on the business needs and the interests/skills of the Summer Analyst. The various teams within equity QSG include:
- Flow Derivatives Strats
- Exotic Derivatives Strats
- Electronic & Algorithmic Trading Strats
- Index Financing Strats
- Delta One Strats
About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Application Deadline: December 12 2021
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:12th Dec 2021, 3:59 pm