A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment and across industry.
Working in more than 140 countries, the firm’s designers, engineers, architects, planners, consultants and technical specialists work with our clients on innovative projects of the highest quality and impact. Our East Asia offices employ approximately 3,000 staff and are engaged in prestigious multidisciplinary projects covering buildings, infrastructure, advisory services, planning and technical consulting areas.
We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion in all aspects including individual differences and open-mindedness. We have flexible arrangements in place to create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. We are committed to applying our expertise, diversity of thinking and independence in the quest for a safe, sustainable and resilient future – for all. This is how we shape a better world.
Currently we are looking for a capable and independent individual for the following position as part of the multi-disciplinary team.
What You Will Do
- Analyze engineering discipline business requirements.
- Advise appropriate emerging technologies that would make a step change to our design / advisory services to clients.
- Advise data driven services to our traditional advisory services in built environment and where applicable for creating technology system architecture to support the projects.
- Manage the digital services programme intended to uplift the regional digital competency and create new services.
- Keep abreast of global digital services initiatives to map regional relevance.
- Collaborate with domain / business leaders and various regional teams to explore additional digital revenue opportunities and engage them with best practices.
- Develop web applications and backend Application Programming Interface (API).
- Assure application quality through proper design, testing and documentation.
- Collaborate closely with in-house engineers and consultants on business support.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Degree in Computer Science or other IT related field.
- Strong interest in IoT & AI / ML.
- Demonstrate passion and quick learning ability for staying ahead of the tech curve: constantly experimenting with new frameworks and technology.
- Experience working in an agile team environment.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and at least one of the Asian languages will be an advantage.
Demonstrable proficiency in:
- Knowledge in ReactJS, VueJS, NodeJS, RESTful API, MongoDB.
- Experience in GIS application development is an advantage.
- Experience in using cloud platform like AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Information Technology
- Closing Date:29th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm