The Data Center Engineering Operations (DCEO) Team is the backbone of AWS, supporting the rapid growth of AWS business and customers 24x7. We commit to maintain the physical critical facility infrastructure of AWS and ensure standards for operational performance in the areas of safety, security, availability, productivity, capacity, efficiency and cost.
The DCEO Team is seeking individuals who are motivated, self-starters, eager to learn, passionate and committed to joining us.
The successful candidate will spend 10-12 weeks in the Internship Program.
They will participate in Data Center Engineering Operations within an Amazon Data Center including risk management and mitigation, corrective and preventative maintenance of critical facility infrastructure, vendor management and metrics reporting.
What You Will Do
As a DCEO Summer Intern, you will:
- Work full-time for a duration of 10-12 weeks.
- Liaise with various internal teams and external partners for coordination of infrastructure operation matters.
- Gain insight into day-to-day data center facility operation.
- Learn and contribute on documentation preparation for business & facility operations.
- Participate in reviewing standard operating procedures and emergency drills.
- Participate in functional and cross-team projects with other summer interns.
- Participate in multiple cross-team training.
- Be provided an opportunity to drive operational excellence and better customer experience.
- Work in different site locations across Hong Kong.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree in engineering-related discipline with a graduation conferral data in 2023.
- Commit to a full-time Internship Program (10-12 weeks).
- Interest in the maintenance works of critical facility infrastructure in the data center.
- Attention to detail with logical thinking capability.
- Good work attitude and eagerness to learn.
- Energetic, adaptable and possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and coordination skills.
- Enjoy working in an inclusive and diverse environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and run processes.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:8th Feb 2022, 6:00 pm