Global Exchange Programme
Global Exchange Programme is about professional internships which is the most intense learning experience that we offer and links together our global network. Each year, we provide over 60,000 members the challenging opportunity to live and work in a foreign country in areas of management, technology, education, and development.
General Information and logistics
- Internship duration: 6 weeks to 18 months
- Salary covers living costs for many internships
- It takes between 2 - 7 months to find an internship and complete the selection processes
- Application fee is payable before internship
- Airfare is usually not included
1. Application and Interview
After joining and understanding AIESEC, you will enter a process consisting of selection interview and language tests. The selection process aims to ensure that everyone participating in an AIESEC exchange is suitable and will have a positive experience while on exchange.
This step starts before you confirm with a suitable internship and will continue before leaving for your exchange experience and. It consists of areas such as:
- Logistical preparation. Ensuring that you are physically and legally prepared to work in another country.
- Community Involvement. To help you gain an understanding of issues facing the world and your own community.
- Direct Country preparation. Preparation on the country you will be going to and also how to cope with the pressures of living in a foreign culture.
- AIESEC preparation. Providing you with knowledge about the exchange programme and the roles of various parties.
3. Internship Selection and Matching
By this stage you have become an official AIESEC Exchange Participant. Now you are able to start being matched to a suitable internship.
You will be trained and given access to use our on-line database of internship opportunities. The more flexible you are in terms of geographical preferences the better.
The most fulfilling step from here is experiencing the actual internship itself. AIESEC will provide you with much more information on what to expect during your internship experience and what kind of involvement you can have with AIESEC and the local environment while you are on your exchange experience in a new country. AIESEC members in your host chapter provide support in receiving you, getting logistically setup while providing opportunities for cultural and social activities.
AIESEC supports you in making the readjustment process when you return home. We hope that your experience opens up a world of opportunities to create a better society for us all. Also, if you're interested to continue your AIESEC career, you can try the leadership opportunities available for you in your country.