The financial industry has changed beyond recognition over the last few years, and continues to evolve at a rapid pace - an aging population, a switch from face-to-face financial consultations to online, digital advancement that allows consumers to tailor online products to their individual needs, and of course stricter regulation.
To achieve this, our global workforce of more than 22,000 employees, continues to evolve the way we work, learning from best practices around the globe.
You would be joining a team that's looking for opportunities to use the latest technologies, draw on your colleagues' ideas and together, help turn them into great results. The creativity that comes from working with a broad diversity of people and your hands-on mentality will be key to this.
What You Will Do
We are looking for interns to support various actuarial teams:
- Assist in preparation of various reporting and monthly valuation tasks.
- Assist in User Acceptance Test (UAT).
- Assist in product development and pricing process.
- Assist in actuarial system development.
- Support ad-hoc analysis and projects assigned by managers.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduates in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related discipline.
- Some progress in actuarial examination or equivalent is definitely an advantage.
- Knowledge in computer programming, esp. VBA in Access and Excel.
- Good problem solving & analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and responsibly.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Chinese.
The work schedule is flexible: full-time in summer / winter break i.e., 5 days per week while part-time from September onwards subject to student’s availability, 3 days per week is preferred.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Actuarial Studies, Mathematics, Statistics
- Locations:Hong Kong
- Closing Date:11th Mar 2022, 6:00 pm